Mayan Families provides opportunities and assistance to the indigenous and impoverished people of Guatemala through education and community development programs.
We operate on the principle that all people should have access to the basic necessities of life. We strive to accomplish our goals through working democratically with the communities we serve.
We take pride in the fact that a significant majority of our donations comes from individual donors like you. We are not government funded and we do not rely on large grants to carry out our work.
Success to Date
Examples of some of the biggest successes within the Guatemalan communities we serve include:
- Seven Preschool Nutrition Centers operating in rural Guatemala.
- Over 2,500 students sponsored to go to school in 2013
- Numerous Medical, Dental, Vision and Veterinary Clinics operated throughout the year that have greatly improved the overall health of underserved communities
- Thousands of fuel efficient stoves installed, helping to reduce deforestation, skin burns, smoke inhalation and respiratory illness
- Thousands of food packets delivered to families across the region in partenrship with Feed My Starving Children and Kids Against Hunger
- Numerous schools built, classrooms and playgrounds repaired
- Delivered aid to children and families during natural disasters and emergencies.
Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International 2010
Rotary International Service above Self Award 2012
Guidestar Exchange Seal Recipient
Listed as Top Rated charity by Great Non-Profits four years in a row
You may review our recently-filed tax information on our financials page. We are committed to providing access and transparency regarding the disposition of all your donations.