We readily welcome physical donations to assist with our projects here. Items in constant demand include:
- Medical Supplies (click here to download the list of medications & supplies needed)
- Clothing & Bedding
- School Supplies including backpacks
- Laptops & Desktop computers & accessories
- Smart Phones
- Animal welfare items
- Sports Equipment
- Tools for our various trade schools
- Children’s Toys
You may have your own economic ways of getting your supplies down here, however we have negotiated a large discount with an international carrier that delivers right to Mayan Families’ door. Group shipments are routinely done from several locations throughout the U.S., including Boston, Atlanta, and Santa Fe. All members of MFC can participate in these shipments. If you wish to make use of this service please see instructions below.
- Join Mayan Families Connection (MFC)
- An announcement is posted to the MFC group about an upcoming shipment, with the dates that the Shipment Coordinator will be accepting packages.
- Prepare your package(s) and email the package measurements to the Shipment Coordinator (see contact details below), who will calculate your portion of the shipping cost to Guatemala. The shipping fee is based on package size, not weight, and is approximately $17 per cubic foot (cubic foot = 12 in. x 12 in. x 12 in.). NOTE: If you are sending a package for your sponsored student(s), please be sure to write the ID# on the package so it is clear when it arrives.
- You then mail your package(s) to the Shipment Coordinator by the announced deadline, using your preferred carrier (FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc.).
- That's it for you! The Shipment Coordinator then handles sorting and packing everything, preparing documents for customs, and scheduling pick-up of the shipment with the international carrier for transport to Guatemala.
- A shipment usually arrives at Mayan Families within three to six weeks. Sponsored students who have a package in a shipment are contacted and asked to come to Mayan Families to pick up their package. Photos will be taken when the student receives the package and emailed to the sponsor.
Sarah for shipments West of the Mississippi at: email@example.com
Debbie for shipments East of the Mississippi at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to ship items to Mayan Families on your own, please make sure that any carrier you utilize pays all customs fees and delivers directly to Mayan Families in Panajachel, Guatemala. We recommend Transportes Zuleta (www.transporteszuletaonline.com). With established carriers and offices accross the US, they have provided excellent service to Mayan Families and offer us very good prices.
Prices vary based on the size of the box/es you want to send and your location.
The shipping address for donations sent to Guatemala is:
7-97 Calle Xecumuc
Panajachel, Dept. Solola